Special Event Insurance in Rockville Centre, NY
Hosting an event can be a stressful process, but insurance may help alleviate some of that worry. While planning a large private gathering, consider whether you need special event insurance to protect yourself and your assets.
What Is Special Events Insurance?
Special event insurance is designed to protect organizers, hosts or sponsors of significant events against potential financial losses or liabilities that may arise before or during such events.
What Does Special Events Insurance Cover?
While special event insurance offerings may vary between insurers, available coverage options typically include the following:
- Cancellation or postponement coverage may protect against financial losses if your event needs to be canceled, postponed or relocated due to covered circumstances beyond your control.
- Liability coverage may help cover third-party bodily injury or property damage claims that arise during your event. For example, this coverage may help pay for the associated costs if a guest is injured or venue property is damaged during your event.
- Personal property coverage may offer financial protection against damage or loss of covered personal property at the venue during your event, such as sound systems, lighting, decorations or rented equipment.
- Liquor liability coverage may help cover expenses from injuries or property damage due to alcohol consumption at your event.
- Nonappearance coverage may provide financial assistance if a key individual, such as a performer or speaker, fails to appear at your event due to illness, injury or other unforeseen circumstances.
What Events Does Special Event Insurance Cover?
For insurance purposes, special events are typically defined as private events, such as the following:
- Anniversary parties
- Baby showers
- Birthday parties
- Religious celebrations
What Does Special Event Insurance Cost?
The cost of your special event insurance policy may be affected by various factors, including the level of risk, duration of your event, the amount of coverage needed, the event’s alcohol policy and what activities will take place at your event. Work with your agent to get a policy quote today.
Get Your Coverage
It is best to purchase your special event insurance when you begin making deposits or purchases for your event. There can be restrictions on when you can buy coverage, so be sure to talk with us about timing.
We can help you with your special event insurance and give you peace of mind knowing you are protected if something unfortunate happens or if your event plans change.